Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: First day with my new Co-Pilot

The Light My Fire spork fits in the pencil case. The Light My Fire spork case also fits in the pencil case.

I bought mine (case & spoon is sold as set - matching colors) from Amazon. I was hoping to use the case to carry my titanium version of the spork. I thought it would be useful when there is no ready place to rinse the spork & I did not want to waste a drop of my drinking water to rinse it. It is not working as I hoped. The titanium spork has a more pronounced curve towards the spoon part. I tried "flattening" the spork but even so, the case gapes open on its sides when I force the spork into it.

I do not like the spork that came with the case. It feels & looks like plastic to me (the mango yellow color is pretty).

I also wash & re-use plasticware, until they break.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    My Light My Fire spork along with my handmade cloth napkin fits inside of my pen/pencil case.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Do Spork's owners know if the utensil fits inside a Pen/Pencil Pouch?
    Yes, quite nicely. I have an Azalea/clear pen/pencil pouch and have 4 sporks in there right now! It could hold a ton more if I were so inclined.

Wow, thanks everyone for sharing their "spork love." I always take my own beverage bottle with me, and use that for my chai or passion tea lemonade or whatever when I'm out in the big city. (Which in my case is anything over 5,000 people!) I also wash and re-use plastic utensils at home (the rare times I use them), and I even wash out plastic zip-loc bags and reuse them as well. But for some reason, I never even thought about carrying a spork. Now that's next on my list!
    Jenne likes this.

The spork love in this group had made a convert of me: as of today, I am the proud new owner of a Light My Fire spork! They were selling them for $2.99 at the Eddie Bauer outlet store: it was as if they followed this thread and knew I was coming. I got one in a cheerful orange (or maybe it's the mango yellow that you mentioned, LiLin); and a second one in green as a stocking suffer for my son. (Who is also getting an Olive Brain Bag, so the green will match.) It's good to know that it will fit in the Pen/Pencil OP, as I've got one waiting in the wings.

Drat - now I'll need another pencil case for the Eddie Bauer spork I bought a couple years ago. The spork has a nasty habit of puncturing ziploc snack baggies. Something to add to my Santa list...
    Jenne likes this.

I have a set of bamboo utensils in the Clear Organizer Pen/Pencil Pouch -- fork, knife, spoon, chopsticks. It's not trouble to carry it around and I frequently forget to obtain or quickly break plastic utensils, so it's extremely useful.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

You all motivated me to bring my spork to work today. So much nicer than the plasticware here!
    ncb4 and Jenne like this.

I've found that food does taste much better with actual utensils rather than the flimsy plastic disposable ones :-)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

So, as I type this, I am in a local coffee shop, eating a muffin with a plastic fork (I know!). This is a great coffee shop, and I like to patronize it because the owners and the people who work for them are incredibly nice. However, the muffin is kind of not that good, but what's worse is that they do not have any real flatware here. (Another gripe is that they don't have real glasses for water, and they default to paper cups whenever you order tea.) I just spent a butt-load of money at Amazon yesterday but one thing I am definitely planning on getting soon is a bunch of sporks that I can just throw in all my bags. We try not to carry our silverware from home because we end up losing it, and my hashibako holds only hashi and a spoon, which is not useful for all foods, like muffins. And before anyone says anything about how eating muffins with a fork is weird, I also eat croissants and bar cookies with a fork, which is way more weird. It's also only recently that I've been able to eat hot wings without using a knife and fork, opening up--as you might imagine--whole new worlds of dining convenience.

Oh, and to bring this back to the Co-Pilot: I, uh, love how easily sporks fit into them.

ncb4 and Sarha like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

sporks fit easily so I assume the spork case does too.

Thanks for the tip, Katy: I ordered some. I think they'd make great stocking stuffers.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Katy: I ordered some. I think they'd make great stocking stuffers.
    And next year, if they are really really good, your loved ones can get a pencil case to hold their sporks.
    ncb4 and nukediver like this.

I've had the Co-Pilot since it was released last year and can honestly say that's its my #1 go-to bag that I have! Started using it in my motorcycle's panier when I traveled and now use it when I need a personal carry-bag for day to day activities, quick business meetings, and while traveling. An excellent design and totally reminiscent of Tom Bihn's overall qualitative design for form and function.
    123veo likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0