Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My colleague's deep, burning love for his new ID

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I've asked him to update me with his decision. I think he's torn at the moment because he really likes both of the bags, but doesn't feel like he should have both of them for some reason. Man, I'd buy a new bag every other week if I could afford it.
    It's really bad when they're everywhere you look! I keep telling myself "Well..I'll have a bag for every scenario!".
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    It's really bad when they're everywhere you look! I keep telling myself "Well..I'll have a bag for every scenario!".
    I can only imagine.

Sometimes I go through these ascetic phases when I tell myself, "I should have just one bag!" (Or one black T-shirt, or what have you.) Then I come to my senses and ask what sort of fun that would be.
    Jenne likes this.

Ohhhh decisions! What are you going to put into the bag?
    I think I pretty much listed it everything I'd like to carry in a post a week or so ago. Hopefully, this will link to it...

Confusion Reigns! Help clear the cobwebs before the dough goes elsewhere...

I'm considering a smaller bag - maybe a Imago or Ristretto for iPad - for my "I don't feel like carrying much weight or bulk" days. Days when I can get by with my 8.5x11" portfolio, an iPad, iPhone, headphones, wallet, checkbook, multi-tool, some pens and pencils, and a point-n-shoot camera. This bag would probably go on my Christmas Wish List.

I'm also considering a larger bag - leaning toward ID or Cadet - for my "I need it all" days; this one I would purchase for myself, since it's more expensive. It would be for days when I need to take my 15.4" MacBook Pro and/or a lot of files and notebooks in addition to all of the stuff listed above.

I'm good at selecting and buying items for other people, but I really dislike and am lousy at making purchasing decisions for myself. Especially when patronizing a site like yours, when there are so many wonderful products and many have features I can see being really useful.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Ah, the kind of job where you get paid and spend all you money where you made it? Or, you try not too! I'd have a rough time resisting...you must be made of stronger stuff.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    I'm good at selecting and buying items for other people, but I really dislike and am lousy at making purchasing decisions for myself. Especially when patronizing a site like yours, when there are so many wonderful products and many have features I can see being really useful.
    This is a problem my colleague is having. I think it's all compounded by his desire to have ONE thing that works really well. We've been discussing his predicament regarding the ID/Cadet dilemma, and I'm still waiting on the final verdict.

If it's any help, I carry my (non-TB, highly stupid) backpack when I need my MBP, files, books, etc. and carry my MCB on days when I just need my (paper) notebook, iPad, lunch, and essentials. It's a good system for me, and really beats carrying my whole backpack when all I am bringing is my lunch and a pen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0