Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: For dorayme: Comparison review of the Little Swift and the Medium Cafe Bag

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43
    I have 1 small and 1 medium cafe bags. Someone mentioned recently that they used a large organizer pouch as a divider in a certain bag. I decided to try a medium pouch in both my cafe bags as a divider and also as security for those loose items in the largest section. It fits horizontally in the medium, and it fits vertically in the small. I also like the idea of criss-crossing key straps to help to hold things inside, but the medium pouch will be even more secure. Thank you to whoever suggested those ideas.

  2. #17
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    Well, I must eat some crow. At least was served very sweetly in the form of a gift!
    A dear friend decided that I must have the Azalea MCB and it arrived today. I must say it was the perfect choice for me! I wrote about my initial thoughts on Ravelry and as I use it, I will have more to add, but I was sooooo wrong about how the MCB wouldn't work out for me.

    Granted, I still love my LS's as my EDC, and don't think the MCB would be a great long term EDC for me, but for "trips" to the park, museum, zoo, etc. with my family it's going to be an excellent choice!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I wrote about my initial thoughts on Ravelry and as I use it, I will have more to add, but I was sooooo wrong about how the MCB wouldn't work out for me.
    Ack! I was trying to stay away from Ravelry tonight. Guess I'm supposed to not knit tonight.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

  4. #19
    Registered User Maria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    439
    Congratulations on the lovely surprise gift of the MCB Dorayme!

    Now if I am not mistaken, did you and I share the same apprehension about a cafe bag - being, at least for me, a vertical format rather than horizontal?

    Does this mean I should place a small cafe bag in my next upcoming order....just in case?
    dorayme likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

  5. #20
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Well, I must eat some crow. At least was served very sweetly in the form of a gift!
    A dear friend decided that I must have the Azalea MCB and it arrived today. I must say it was the perfect choice for me! I wrote about my initial thoughts on Ravelry and as I use it, I will have more to add, but I was sooooo wrong about how the MCB wouldn't work out for me.

    Granted, I still love my LS's as my EDC, and don't think the MCB would be a great long term EDC for me, but for "trips" to the park, museum, zoo, etc. with my family it's going to be an excellent choice!
    What a wonderful friend you have! I went to Ravelry and read your review (with great photos). I'm not surprised that you discovered how much you like the MCB; isn't that often the way with TB bags? It's like they've anticipated little features that we didn't even know we needed, until we had one of the bags on our back or shoulders and realized, "Hey! This makes the burden of carrying all this stuff so much less of a burden."

    What did surprise me was your revelation that you've rethought things and think the Azalea LS is not for you! Say it isn't so! You and I both carry our LS'es as daily bags, or purses, so I can understand why you prefer neutral colors that will go with everything. But I'm still thinking I'll buy one when they come off pre-order status. Azalea is such a cheery color that I want to surround myself with it; you know, as a kind of external endorphin to make myself feel good.

  6. #21
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827
    I also headed over to Ravelry to see your post. I would like to note that Azalea seems to go amazingly well with the purples you wear Dorayme! It seems so perfect for you!

    Are you going to post those pictures here too!?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  7. #22
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    Katy, you are right, Azalea does go with the purples I love quite well. It's an awesome color that I feel was picked just for me! I will post the pics here tomorrow since you asked. It's harder for me to post them to this forum, (with my iPad) or I would go ahead and pop them into this post.
    I will be calling you soon! Much planning needs to be finalized for my next order!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  8. #23
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Katy, you are right, Azalea does go with the purples I love quite well. It's an awesome color that I feel was picked just for me! I will post the pics here tomorrow since you asked. It's harder for me to post them to this forum, (with my iPad) or I would go ahead and pop them into this post.
    I will be calling you soon! Much planning needs to be finalized for my next order!
    I look forward to it (both the pictures and the phone call) I'll have to fight Brian for the phone, but I think I could take him also I can be pretty speedy at picking up the phone .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    What a wonderful friend you have! I went to Ravelry and read your review (with great photos). I'm not surprised that you discovered how much you like the MCB; isn't that often the way with TB bags? It's like they've anticipated little features that we didn't even know we needed, until we had one of the bags on our back or shoulders and realized, "Hey! This makes the burden of carrying all this stuff so much less of a burden."

    What did surprise me was your revelation that you've rethought things and think the Azalea LS is not for you! Say it isn't so! You and I both carry our LS'es as daily bags, or purses, so I can understand why you prefer neutral colors that will go with everything. But I'm still thinking I'll buy one when they come off pre-order status. Azalea is such a cheery color that I want to surround myself with it; you know, as a kind of external endorphin to make myself feel good.
    I second the thought of Tom Bihn Bags easing up the need to carry stuff.

  10. #25
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Congratulations on the lovely surprise gift of the MCB Dorayme!

    Now if I am not mistaken, did you and I share the same apprehension about a cafe bag - being, at least for me, a vertical format rather than horizontal?

    Does this mean I should place a small cafe bag in my next upcoming order....just in case?
    Thank you Maria, and as a matter of fact, it does , their features, size and shape are very functional (sometimes we need cross body, smaller than LS while bigger than SE, or a flap closure choice), and the o-rings combined with OP and keystraps keep everything where it's supposed to be so that it doesn't get lost. So I say go for it!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  11. #26
    Registered User Maria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Thank you Maria, and as a matter of fact, it does , their features, size and shape are very functional (sometimes we need cross body, smaller than LS while bigger than SE, or a flap closure choice), and the o-rings combined with OP and keystraps keep everything where it's supposed to be so that it doesn't get lost. So I say go for it!
    Dorayme - thank you! I AM OH SO TEMPTED TO GET A SMALL CAFE BAG - for starters, to go along with my upcoming order. (Saves on shipping that way!)

    Now, what colour....?

    As I go search for photos of what people can pack in their SCB!.....
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

  12. #27
    Registered User TavaPeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    402
    Have been eyeing a hemp LS. Question for you Little Swift owners: Are the straps wide enough to handle the weight of an iPad or a couple books? I perefer thicker straps on my ECB to save my shoulder. Also worried about lack of zippers on both LS and MCBs. Also wondering if the strap drop for LS is comfortable for a tall gal.

    I keep eyeing the Imago in navy/cork, too. Love the look of that bag...but afraid my stuff would slide out. ;-)
    Last edited by TavaPeak; 11-15-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  13. #28
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    I carry my original iPad regularly in my LS. If I have my normal load I place it horizontally. If I'm loaded up, it seems to fit better vertically. When the tab is buttoned my iPad isn't going anywhere. My LS has dumped off of the passenger seat on hard stops, been burgled by my toddler and been toted on more than one family outing. I haven't had any security issues unless I chose to not snap in my OP or button the tab, and then it's just my own fault. . .
    I find the straps very comfortable which is surprising for how narrow they are. I can easily put it to my shoulder one handed which for me means it passes the armpitable test, and all of my bags have to pass this test. I often only have one hand free.
    The imago is also a very nice choice. The capacity on it is much larger than the LS. It will keep your IPad secure as long as you have closed the flap, but if is under packed I could see how your iPad could have a lot more potential to travel within the bag and that isn't always a great thing.
    I also have carried my iPad in my MCB. It's very secure, no travel, and security once again is dependent on whether or not you close the bag. The MCB offers the least additional room for other books of the three, but if you compared the volume of the bags you already know this
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

  14. #29
    Registered User TavaPeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    402
    Thanks for the specifics, dorayme. Especially for the armpit test and toddler-burgling. (Amazing how that burgling also happens at 4 and 14.) I need an ECB to pass the "arms shrouded in heavy coat" test too. If a bag's straps are too short, that is vexing on a daily basis. But the prayer shawl ministry at church is trying to recruit me, so maybe that Little Swift would come in handy?

  15. #30
    Registered User dorayme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Posts
    1,236
    My bulkiest coat is my Mountain Hardware Downtown Coat and I can still armpit the LS one handed both on and off wearing it.
    Do your shawl ministry shawls use sport or finer weight yarn, or dk and bulkier? If I have my purse contents and an iPad I don't like trying to stuff in more than a 100g project. It can hold more, but to me it starts to feel over stuffed. If you are using fatter yarns for the shawls and carrying your iPad as well as some purse contents, you may find the original Swift a better fit. you will also have flexibility to bring a sweater or blanket if you branch out to larger projects.
    This is my 2cents and I welcome other crafters to chime in on their LS usage?
    Or if the shawls are worked modularly, the LS would also be a good fit.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0