Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Yonkdaddy
  • 1 Post By Frank II

Thread: Another Aeronaut Success Story!

Another Aeronaut Success Story!

Spent 6 days in London on business with my Aeronaut and Checkpoint Flyer. Of course I was smug going through security at SFO, just unfolding the computer sleeve of the Flyer and quickly taking the 3D Cube 3-1-1 bag out in the bin. And the Aerronaut backpack straps were invaluable while schlepping through the cavernous LHR concourses & the Heathrow Express station. My TB Packing Cubes made everything easy to retrieve, and helped me to overstuff the bag on my return. Didn't quite have room for my softshell jacket so rolled it up under the Aeronaut handle.

On the return, the flight to Dulles was 1hour late and I thought I certainly was going to miss my connection to Portland ME. All the same stuff worked in reverse. Made the flight after a run. One hint.... Take a small stuff sack to put your stuff in to go through security. I didn't have time to put everything back on. Just grabbed the stuff sack and ran.
    Last edited by Yonkdaddy; 08-13-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    One hint.... Take a small stuff sack to put your stuff in to go through security. I didn't have time to put everything back on. Just grabbed the stuff sack and ran.
    It's great to hear that everything went so well for you with your TB bags on your trip. And that's a great tip about the Stuff Sack and security.

I take all my "pocket" stuff--wallet, keys, phone, watch, etc.--and put it in a pouch that stays in my luggage. The less I have to grab at security, the better.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0