Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Snake Charmer/ Waterfield Cableguy Comparison

Snake Charmer/ Waterfield Cableguy Comparison

I am posting this tomorrow on my blog, but I believe that this link will get you there now if anyone wants an early peek.

http://wp.me/p1sCKL-h4

I really like the Snake Charmer but the one feature i would love to see added it to it are some pockets on the inside wall to subdivide it a little bit...

Nice post! I have all three sizes of the Cableguy and love them. Have not yet tried a Snake Charmer, but just might...
    --------------------------------

Thanks bltmkt, I think being able to see through the mesh is a pretty big plus. I officially encourage you to buy one (I am an enabler!)

Dumb question for you, looking at the Large Cableguy at 14 inches wide it seems like it would be unwieldy....do you find that to be the case?

Great review! I like the idea of the Snake Charmer but I don't think I have enough cables to justify buying the SC.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Thanks TXgirl!

Yeah, a small or medium organizer pouch gives you a bunch of cable storage. It makes the most sense if you are stuffing multiple power supplies or other medium sized accessories into a bag.

Of course, your Ego is a really good home for one!

I have 2 Snake Charmers and carry an unbelievable array of stuff in them,come to think of it Jeff you will probably believe it from experience.
    I carry Pro,Consumer AV stuff,networking and PC and Mac adapters of all kinds and I really could use a few more.
    This is in addition to the 15 or so Rubbermaid tubs with New Stock Cables of all kinds.
    I have lots of Waterfield bags but not their Cable Guy.....yet!

OK I went and looked at the Waterfield site and I do have a few Cable Guy after all.
    There is no direct comparison to me?
    The Snake Charmer holds a lot more than any Cable Guy and they both are great for what they are I think.

I just have too many bags and not enough too?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post

I just have too many bags and not enough too?

Ed
    Bags are like potato chips!

And Tom Bihn bags are like really awesome house made potato chips with Blue cheese béchamel sauce!

i do understand Ed. My wife thinks I have too many bags and I think she has too many shoes! We agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Dumb question for you, looking at the Large Cableguy at 14 inches wide it seems like it would be unwieldy....do you find that to be the case?
    Ok, maybe I am wrong...I looked at home and found that I only have the small and medium Cableguy. I find that I use the medium quite often for trips.
    --------------------------------

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    My wife thinks I have too many bags and I think she has too many shoes! We agree to disagree
    Maybe you need to gift her a swift, little swift, or at minimum a Shop bag set with some Dyneema organizer pouches. Then you will have no quibble.

FWIW, great review. I have neither product. I think I would like the charmer better because of the see through ability the mesh affords. For a bag that I stuff bits into, and those bits may be from different things, it makes sense to not have to search for what is where when I need one of my bits.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Thanks Dorayme! By the way I loved your post on going to the factory and I am very jealous!

On the Little Swift front, Mother's Day is coming up...how many pairs of shoes can you put in a Little Swift ?

I would have been jealous of you too, so I get it. . .

ummmmmm you may be in the doghouse, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Mother's Day was last month. Father's Day is coming up in less than 2 weeks though! o.0 Mrs. Jeffmac needs to get busy planning for your surprise???

As far as how many shoes can fit in, well that depends on how small your feet are!

If you did slide in behind the 8 ball and are in need of a makeup gift, maybe Mrs. jeffmac would like a set. . . the bags work so nicely together and seriously there are several ways to do it! I have seen coordinated collections like doornum3's with the black/cork/plum and UV/wasabi and I have seen more eclectic collections that look equally as good. My "collection" started out coordinated, but it's kind of slid all over the place as the mood strikes me. The colors that Tom chooses work nicely together and with real clothes.

Maybe I need to find a job shopping for other people because I do love it! Let me know if you would like any help picking out the perfect Tom Bihn for Mrs. Jeffmac I'm not an official shopper, so of course there would be no charges for my services, lol.

Actually, that was a bit of a brain spasm. I got Mother's Day covered, I meant to say Birthday. She has one coming up in July!

I might take you up on the shopping offer!

What a wonderful birthday pressie! If you need any suggestions I am happy to help however I can. And of course there are tons of forum users who have been using these wonderful bags way longer than I. I'm sure they could also give you input if you ask nicely!

I have a medium WaterField iPod Travel Case that I use for all of my portable device chargers. I generally carry my laptop charger separately, but here's what I can get in there:

Griffin Powerblock charger
    iGo Charge Anywhere (charge 2 non-iPad devices AND an 1800mAh backup battery
    iGo cable with iPhone, micro USB, and mini USB tips
    RichardSolo 9000mAh "Mobile Charger" + it's charging cable... it can put a full charge on a drained iPad (I sometimes don't carry this if I'm not heading out on a long flight)
    iPhone cable (for iPad charging... the iGo cable won't charge it)
    Scosche iDevice & USB FlipSYNC fobs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0