Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad 2!!!

Hey Everyone!!

I am new to to the forum and very excited that I found it (and Tom Bihn products)

I copy and pasted the below from my blog (themacfanatic) which also has some pictures on it. I am going to be doing a bag giveaway if any of you are interested once I have reviewed 3 different iPad 2 bags.

The Review

"I have heard/read so much about Tom Bihn and their legendary bags (which I have never owned until today) that I thought it would be near impossible for their bags to live up to the name. Their bags do carry a good size price tag but thatís what you get when you are looking at a product of this quality manufactured in the United States.

As soon as I opened the package that was sent to me I could see the quality oozing out of it. First of all, let me say that the online pictures DO NOT do this bag justice. The materials it is made with are top notch and the bag just looks incredible. My fiance actually started laughing at me when she saw me open the box and watched as my eyes bulged out of my head! I was just so impressed (and excited about the extra accessories!) by the initial look of the bag. I had been scared that the bag might resemble the dreaded ďmurseĒ and I can tell you with confidence that it certainly does not! I can see myself using this bag everyday at both my corporate office as well as out with my friends. The bag has plenty of pockets and feels like it has enough padding to protect my precious iPad 2. I will go more in depth on this after I load this bag up with all my gadgets and do a full review.

So what else did the good folks over at Tom Bihn send along with the Ristretto to review? They included 2 pouches (one small and one large). They seem like they will come in use when trying to organize my bag and I have included pictures of them below. The item I really want to mention is the Absolute Shoulder Strap. Now keep in mind that I really have not run this bag through the paces yet but my initial thoughts on this strap is that it could easily be the best strap I have ever used with ANY bag. It is comfortable, grips your shoulder just right and ensures the bag hangs just right on your side. I am already thinking I need to order one of these to use with my work laptop bag!

So thatís it for now folks! Check back in over the next couple of weeks for a full written/video review of the bag!"

-Anthony
    @The_MacFanatic

Kennewick, WA - On the "other" side of the mountains from TB
    I'll be looking forward to your review! My husband just purchased this bag for me for my birthday, even though I haven't purchased my iPad yet. Hopefully I'll get some good ideas on what else I can carry in it!

Jenni

Interested to hearnyour thoughts also. I am looking for a better carrying solution for my iPad 2. I usually just throw it in to my Empire Builder but would prefer a separate bag for those times were the EB is overkill or just not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMan View Post
    Hey Everyone!!

So thatís it for now folks! Check back in over the next couple of weeks for a full written/video review of the bag!"

-Anthony
    @The_MacFanatic
    This bag is on my must get list so I'll be interested in your review too.

The picture of you(?) sporting the bag comes up very dark on my monitor .. I lightened it up a bit in photoshop to get a good look at the black bag.

Name:  bihnristretto.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  21.2 KB

(the colours in the above image are no doubt completely inaccurate ... shown just for illustration of "the look" when the bag is worn)
    Last edited by daisy; 05-23-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: clarification
    List under construction ....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0