Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Plastic Barbies OUT Field Journal IN

Awesome Lani, thanks for the links. I bet Tom could make the first one, easy! I told Darcy that the photo was taken just before she jumped into the creek and was soaked to the bone!

Lacyfinn, it sounds like you have a great daughter that loves life!

...and I bet you she thinks she has a pretty awesome mom, too. ;-)
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

That first picture of your daughter writing with such a look of purpose on her face: I can just see that one day in the biography someone will write one day about the famous writer, Lacyfinn Jr.

Hi Lacyfinn,

It was lovely to see the Field Journal being used by a 10 year old. Like Lani--I go back decades! It was lovely to see her use this--cos despite IPads, and Iphones, and Macbooks--all of which I am addicted to, there is still something to be said for the tactility of a book, a pen, and a pencil. As a child, and still very much as an adult, I always carry note books with me--in which I constantly write--about this or that or nothing at all. I think Lani is right: you have opened up a whole new world for her --which should outlast all books and bags!

As for those Eagle Creek bags: yup: i had a couple of those myself! I used to swear by EC and Patagonia, early LLBean and Lands End (canvas) luggage for decades. But they have all gone wierd now--too much bells and whistles; not sturdy enough; and just not functional enough. Viva TB--!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I love these photos! We just posted them on the blog. lacyfinn: could you email your address to darcy@tombihn.com? We'll put a FOT pouch in the mail today.
    Now I'm *really* looking foward to earning my own FoT pouch, you guys are so nice. I'll bet Aiden will be thrilled to get a surprise in the mail from the folks who made her PwaP! :-)
    dorayme likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Now I'm *really* looking foward to earning my own FoT pouch, you guys are so nice. I'll bet Aiden will be thrilled to get a surprise in the mail from the folks who made her PwaP! :-)
    You don't have one yet? That's unbelievable! Send an email to me or Katy and we'll make sure an FOT gets sent out to you this week.
    dorayme likes this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You don't have one yet? That's unbelievable! Send an email to me or Katy and we'll make sure an FOT gets sent out to you this week.
    Thank you, thank you! :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    My daughter loves to draw and write poetry. She's 10 and this past Christmas, we decided to forgo the typical Barbie complete with house, car and 7 fab outfits, for a Field Journal notebook in her favorite color- Red. at $75, I think we got the better end of the deal. (and also some super groovy color pencils) She has LOVED it! She drags it everywhere she goes, she's stuffed all the outside pockets with extra notes, and wildflower books. She calls it her purse with a purpose.
    This post has inspired me to buy one for my 10-year-old niece. She wants to be a writer like her Uncle.
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0