I put a lot of thought into what bag I needed to carry around my "Daddy Gear" and my iPad. I wanted a bag that didn't look like a handbag, it's only recently that I've had need of a manbag. It had to be big enough to hold the iPad, my 5 yr olds blood glucose test kit and insulin, snacks and hypo treatment, a bottle of coke or water, wallet, even a nappy and some wipes. But it had to be reasonably compact, manly, and well made.

I ruled out the Ristretto for iPad because I felt it would be too small, too feminine, and I'd struggle to get everything in it. The 11" might have worked. The 13" is perfect and has the added bonus of allowing for the 13" air I plan to buy in a year or two.

It's small. I can't imagine how small the ipad specific version must be, but for me, anything smaller than the 13 would be verging on Girly. The 13 is about the same dimensions as a Ducti "High Voltage" bag, but thicker. It'll accommodate an ipad inside a Hard Candy Bubble case, but that'll take up a lot of space.

However, if the iPad is instead placed in the soft cache built into the bag, I can easily fill a medium pouch with snacks and hypo treatment, pop that in the pain compartment, and still have room in there for 3 nappies, a packet of wipes, a bottle of 500ml coke, and a Robinsons Fruit Shoot.

In the front zip pouch there's space for my wallet, my sons blood test kit, and his insulin pens. Up front in the open pocket area I have a small pouch with bits n bobs, a full packet of baby wipes, and still plenty of space for phone, iPod, etc.

It's really well made and I'm happy with my choice of black with steel interior. The absolute strap is comfy and grippy. I wish I'd ordered an extra cord to go with the second pouch though.

If your after a small bag to hold an ipad or air, and a bunch of other stuff, especially if this is your man/daddy bag, then the Ristretto 13 is hard to beat. Heck, I use mine without the ipad too!