Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Maria

Thread: Handle Loop Accessory

Lightbulb Handle Loop Accessory

I received a Handle Loop to test at the end of the week and had an opportunity to use it this weekend at a Fiber Festival on one of my Stuff Sacks.

The loop is made of 0.75" wide webbing and measures 7.25" long. The hardware adds almost 2". It clips nicely onto the clip on the exterior on the bag. I was able to use the bag as a wristlet and walk around with it close by, when I put it down it was easy to pick it back up again. I have rather smallish/petite hands and wrists, but my husband who has significantly larger hands had no issue sliding it over his wrist (it didn't stay there long, but he thought it was cool).

I see the potential of this accessory being endless. It helps any of the smaller pouches to be easy to quickly grab, or carry solo as it's own baglette. It could also be used on a larger bag if you wanted an additional or differently placed handle. I will be ordering a medium cork pouch to use it as a clutch bag of sorts.

The clip will clip onto other TB clips or o-rings so they are easy bring along in every TB bag and have if you want to pull out just one of your accessories and carry it separately. Also I will be ordering one to keep on my keys at all times.

I'm looking forward to seeing these available for sale. What a great addition to the available accessories.

I have other photos of it clipped to my Stuff Sack on flickr, but will be adding more as I see what else I can clip it to. Thank you for allowing me to try one out! I feel so special.
    Jenne likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Cool! I look forward to being able to order a few. Thanks for the review!

So there's a tab with an o-ring sewn into the seam halfway down? How is the balance when you carry it (why halfway down and not near the top?)?

Thanks for previewing this item, Dorayme. It looks like the perfect accessory for the organizer pouches/wallets. I tried to do something similar w/the 16" color key strap, but it was too big for my wrist. Hope it will be available to purchase very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    So there's a tab with an o-ring sewn into the seam halfway down? How is the balance when you carry it (why halfway down and not near the top?)?
    The tab has a snap hook on the end like the key strap does. There is no o-ring on the stuff sack. There is a caribeener style clip on the inside to guide yarn through, or if you are using it for other purposes than yarn, you could use it to secure something inside.

I don't know why the loop is partially down the side, but balance wasn't affected any more than it would be just because there is only one tab. The drawstring is very secure, I've never lost any of my contents.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

This is an awesome review Dorayme!

Another winner accessories!

Brilliant idea about using it to create a wristlet! Can't wait for them to be available.

I know that I can confess on this forum and the people here will understand: I dreamed about the Handle Loop last night.

I think I'd like to see it offered in two flavors, one with a hook at the end, the other with just an o-ring. They you could either hook something with the handle, or hook something to the handle. In the case of Organizer Pouches, which are my current obsession, hooking a pouch to an o-ring on a strap would make for a sleeker overall carrying experience.

If you had an o-ring handle, you could leave the pouch attached to the handle while tucking it into another bag, and use a key strap connected to the handle's o-ring to secure the whole thing inside the bag. That would work well, too, according to my sleeping brain.

Any update on when the Handle Loop will be available? As I was carrying my loopless umbrella today, I realized the Handle Loop would be perfect (the umbrella has a small carabiner).

I'm awaiting a Breve and wonder if I'll be able to add the Handle Loop to that order.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Thumbs up Handle Loop

I received my Handle Loop a couple of weeks ago. I have attached it to my FOT pouch which holds my cell phone and wallet for when I'm running quick errands and don't want to carry a bag.

The Handle Loop is made with the same quality and care I've come to appreciate from my other TB bags and accessories. However, as I have very small hands and wrists, I found the Handle Loop to be too large to carry comfortably and and still feel secure. My suggestion for the future would be to add a slider (not sure of correct terminology) to make the length adjustable.

Otherwise, I find the Handle Loop to be a useful addition to the TB accessories.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I'll be putting several in my next order!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichen$ink View Post
    I received my Handle Loop a couple of weeks ago. I have attached it to my FOT pouch which holds my cell phone and wallet for when I'm running quick errands and don't want to carry a bag.

The Handle Loop is made with the same quality and care I've come to appreciate from my other TB bags and accessories. However, as I have very small hands and wrists, I found the Handle Loop to be too large to carry comfortably and and still feel secure. My suggestion for the future would be to add a slider (not sure of correct terminology) to make the length adjustable.

Otherwise, I find the Handle Loop to be a useful addition to the TB accessories.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Yes, indeed Handle Loop is a useful addition to the TB accessories.

What is your cellphone model? I see its nice and small.
    I couldn't find the FOT pouch in the TB website. Where is it?

"What is your cellphone model? I see its nice and small.
    I couldn't find the FOT pouch in the TB website. Where is it?"

Hi ASH0,

The phone model is an LG eNV2.

The FOT pouch is not for sale. It was a special gift from Tom and crew. However if you are looking for an organizer pouch, the FOT pouch is the same size as the small pouch found here and here.
    Last edited by Kichen$ink; 04-24-2011 at 06:55 PM.

When I saw the blog post about the new handle strap - I thought of my dream item combo:

- an ultrasuede Side Effect now with a little handle strap

Extended version of this dream bag: per Dorayme's suggestion posted earlier, a side seam label rather than the patch.

Oh how about removing the waist straps since the handle can now make it a wristlet? (Well, at least for the ultrasuede version.)

Cheers!
    dorayme and Pilar like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kichen$ink View Post
    IHowever, as I have very small hands and wrists, I found the Handle Loop to be too large to carry comfortably and and still feel secure. My suggestion for the future would be to add a slider (not sure of correct terminology) to make the length adjustable.
    The Handle Loop was primarily designed to add a quick grab handle to bags like the Side Effect or 3D Clear Organizer Cube; we figured most people would hold on to the Handle Loop, or hold on to the bag while the Handle Loop was around their wrist. We played around with sliders, but they seemed pretty bulky so we decided not to add one.
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-26-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0