Thread: SuperEgo, woo!

SuperEgo, woo!

I've had this bag for awhile, but have only just recently been able to use it for it's intended purpose - my employer finally got me a laptop!

An HP Elitebook 8740w now graces my desktop, as a replacement for a CAD workstation, which means this sucker is big, and HEAVY (almost 12 pounds! ). I was eager to put the Absolute Shoulder Strap to the test with this monster, which I did for the first time on Monday... And it performed beautifully!
    No pinching, no pulling, no "rope burn" at the side of my neck; I was very impressed at how well the wide and long neoprene part of the strap acted as a cushion and shock absorber at the same time, making my daily stroll to and from the bus stops a breeze. I'm curious how it will feel this summer as I go jacket-less, ie. less padding between me and the strap.

In addition to the laptop, I sport a pair of sunglasses, iPod & earphones, pocketknife, various pens and pencils, a 3rd edition Kindle with Oberon cover, some various other small paraphernalia, a wireless mouse (check out Logitech's Unifying Nano Receiver), and various cords for the electronics. Everything pretty much stays in place as-is, but as soon as the retail store opens up I'll be visiting for some of the small organizer pouches and stuff, and maybe a different colored strap or two.

Now, all I need is a padded case that attaches to the outside of the SuperEgo for the wireless keyboard, hmmmmm...
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for the update on your Super Ego, Ted -- I linked to it on the blog today.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Cool beans!

Thanks Darcy!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

UPDATE...

Well, summer has arrived (sorta), and I've been running around with a loaded SuperEgo with just a t-shirt between me and the Absolute Shoulder Strap. As expected, I had no issues with it; it's just as comfortable with one layer as with several layers on my back.

Another nice surprise is I discovered that I can put an 11x17 set of plans in the main compartment with the laptop without having to fold them... You have no idea how excited I was about this! I no longer have to fold over anywhere from 1 to 100+ sheets and cram them into a pocket not designed to accept them.

I expect this bag to be with me a loooooooooooong time. Thanks to the craftspeople at Tom Bihn for providing it!
    Ted

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0