Newest Yarn Guide in Yarn Stuff Sacks

Not a bag review, per se, but the yarn guide is such an important part of the Yarn Stuff Sack for us yarn crafters that I thought it deserved its own review.

I have two Yarn Stuff Sacks, a large solar I ordered late last year and a small steel that I just got packaged with my new Little Swift.

The solar has the (second generation?) guide, which is a strip of fabric that folds over and closes with a snap. You can see it in the pictures of the large solar on the Yarn Stuff Sack page, particularly pictures i and j.

The steel, though, has a caribiner like clip that I have not been able to find any pictures of. I assume that it is a new (third generation?) design, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I hope that I am not, however, because it is awesome.

The snap guide is good and I don't hesitate to use it, but the clip is faster to get the yarn in and out of and the yarn moves through it more smoothly. The snap guide holds the yarn perpendicular to the height of the bag, so you have to pull it a bit sideways rather than straight up, while the clip doesn't distort the vertical line.

I would also feel more comfortable putting multiple strands in it at one time, say if I were doing colorwork. The snap guide is a tight enough fit that I would worry a bit about felting if I had multiple strands of heavy yarn running through it.

In summary, one thumb up to the snap guide and two thumbs up to the clip guide. Here's hoping the clip guide is to stay!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I don't have any of the old style, but I can second your kudos. I recently knit a skirt with Noro Taiyo in two color ways. This single ply somewhat bulky yarn slid smoothly through the yarn guides. I had no tangling. And the large stuff sach handled the oversized she ins plus my work comfortably.
    Another comment on the stuff sacks that I would like to share is that they are more generously sized than I initially realized.
    I have quite a few project bags in various sizes, shapes and configurations, but my goto favorites are my TB stuff sacks. I can also see their usefulness for travel and am looking forward to getting a chance to try them
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I think it was introduced a while ago, and it is a great addition especially for those who work with heavy yarns.

I also think that the grosgrain ribbon/snap closure is such a great invention that it could be used inside other bags or as a feature.

I agree, I love the new guide! I'm trying to resist the urge to buy all new Stuff Sacks so I have that style of guide in all of the ones I use

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I agree, I love the new guide! I'm trying to resist the urge to buy all new Stuff Sacks so I have that style of guide in all of the ones I use
    That sounds like a reasonable excuse to buy the new Ultraviolet ones!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable excuse to buy the new Ultraviolet ones!
    We don't need no stinkin' excuse! They are purple, and that's reason enough!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0