Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Yet another use for the Large Shop Bag

Super photos, dorayme. They're like gumdrops.

Great picture Dorayme!

It is the perfect angle to show the beautiful colors and the true size of Large Shop Bags.

I agree with you, there is never enough Dyneema in the house.

I need a proper space for my long skeins of blue yarn and a couple of small round skein.

Perfect timing to order the Ultraviolet Stuff Sacks in both sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    oh and I have determined, I need more Solar, more Ultraviolet, more Iberian, more Steel. Basically more Dyneema. This stuff is like crack for the bag addict!
    Truer words are rarely spoken! I love your photos, too. I dream of one day having a rainbow of dyneema accessories. Was there ever a blue dyneema?

I got my Small Shop Bag in Ultraviolet on Thursday and I love it. It will be taking it's inaugural trip with me today - I still need a few more breastfeeding items (sorry if that was TMI) and it will be much easier to get them before the babies arrive. We're also going to hit the used kidstuff store and pick up a co-sleeper and pack-and-play. Awesome as TB bags are, I don't think those last two items will fit. ;-)

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Thank you everybody, the bags did all the work, the colors are so stunning they make for great photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    . Was there ever a blue dyneema?
    There was, it was called Sapphire I believe, and it looked just as vibrant as the others. Sadly it had a short run and was gone before I ordered my first TB.

I want a green Dyneema, the color of baby grasshoppers.
    Last edited by dorayme; 04-09-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot sumpin'
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Maybe another blue is in the works. I have my fingers crossed.

I had to Google for pictures of baby grasshoppers, but now I agree - that would make a lovely addition to the dyneema colors already available.

Totally agree on the Dyneema... I've got Dyneema fever right now! Great job of folding them up... I still haven't figured that out yet!

My Large Shop Bag saved me!

One thing about committing to one bag travel if you are like me is that you have a tendency to bring back more than you left with you can end up in trouble. I thought I packed savvy. I put all of my gifts for my nieces and nephew into my luggage so my reasoning was that I would have that extra room coming home. Well I did a wee bit more shopping than I originally planned and I had more to bring home than my ebags convertible weekender backpack, and Swift could manage without me opening the zippered expandable section on the weekender. I was scared the airport would make me check my bags if I had it expanded so I needed another solution.

Enter the Large Shop Bag.

It held my Cork Swift, which was holding my Plum Side Effect when I wasn't carrying it as my purse, and around the sides my jacket, pashmina for chills, bucky body wrap, and snacks. The pocket on the side was the perfect cup holder for my Venti Cafe Vanilla Frappuccino when I had to hoof it through the airport upon finding out my connecting flight was canceled. The poron straps made it all comfortable to carry, even though the bag was very heavy.

I don't know if I will willingly choose to travel without a shop bag ever again. What a great accessory that seriously did save me from having to check a bag!

The large clear organizer pouch I picked out at the factory was great to contain my magazines, receipts and papers. When I slid my Shop Bag under the seat in front of me, I pulled out the pouch and it fit nicely into the pocket on the seat back, keeping everything close at hand without me having to dig through my bag repeatedly or risk leaving anything behind.

I know I maintained that I rarely fly, and I usually do travel by car. This opportunity to fly was very unexpected and sudden. But I felt so much more prepared with my Tom Bihn items. They made it easy to stay organized. Knowing about one bag travel (I had not been introduced before coming here) allowed my trip to remain simple and fun vs. cumbersome and complicated.

Hi, dorayme. Wow, you've got a lot of bags!

The product pages for the Cork Swift and Large Shop Bag show they're about the same size. So why did it work out better to put everything in the Shop Bag rather than the Swift? (Great photo, by the way.)

Also, I see that you got your husband the Brain Bag. How does he like it?

The Large Shop Bag has more volume, a squared off vs. rounded base, and more flexible sides so it was easier to shove things down the sides between the walls and the Swift. Most of everything is still in the Swift, but the Swift is inside the Large Shop bag with those "extras" squished down the sides. It was easier than repacking everything.

Rocky's (my dh) Brain Bag is in the shipment that I am awaiting for Monday. Waiting is hard, especially since I got to see it and handle all of my purchases last week. The Navy, both Cordura and Ballistic are gorgeous fabrics in real life, and usually the only blue I like are deep blue greens. The Navy is a great classic/neutral. I believe it will work nicely with most other colors. It makes me contemplate the little swift, but if I had to get another little swift, I think I would like to get either Black Ultrasuede, or Steel Ballistic. Too bad Tom can't make 'em all. Both of those make me swoon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0