Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Aeronaut on regional jets

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    It felt like a power trip to me, too.

The bag was even particularly small because I hadn't put anything in the middle compartment and I tuck away the backpack straps before boarding the plane because they slow me down when I'm stowing the bag.

The power trip was especially galling because the flight was delayed 3.5 hours due to mechanical issues.

I am very sorry snowbot! Sometimes airlines with corner markets on small airports, treat passengers worse than freight.

What the FAA does regulate is the time flight crews can be active. The crew is not considered "on" until the plane leaves the gate, so the flight attendant was at work but those almost four hours did not count on her schedule, it would make somebody mad.

Of course, it is no excuse to take it on a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    What the FAA does regulate is the time flight crews can be active. The crew is not considered "on" until the plane leaves the gate, so the flight attendant was at work but those almost four hours did not count on her schedule, it would make somebody mad.
    Not technically correct. The flight crew doesn't get PAID until the plane leaves the gate. However, work rules stipulate flight crews can not be "active" more than 14 hours in any 24 hour period. That means as soon as the crew checks in for the first flight of the day, that clock has started ticking. If your flight was delayed 3.5 hours, every other flight for that crew will be delayed and later flights could be cancelled. It could even affect flights the next day if the crew arrives late for their rest period. They must get 8-10 hours of continuous
    rest between duty periods--depending on the airline.

The pilots are also limited to actual flight hours which is usually eight.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Frank, that probably explains why the flight (which was the first flight of the morning) was officially delayed at 11:30 the night before. This led to frantic phone calls to get the connecting flights rebooked for the three of us who were traveling together on separate bookings. Then more phone calls during the night when the flight was further delayed and later flights needed to be rebooked again for one of us (two of us were automatically rebooked). I certainly hope the flight crew got sleep. I didn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2