Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I typically carry my checkbook in my (currently cheap, rapidly deteriorating) backpack. Does anyone else here carry their checkbook in their backpack? If so, do you carry your checks in an Organizer Pouch, and which kind do you prefer to use? I use a standard cheapie vinyl 6.25-by-3.25-inch checkbook. I was thinking that if I bought a new Tom Bihn backpack, it would be interesting to figure out where to carry the checkbook.

I have found that none of the TB pouches are ideally sized for checkbooks...small is not wide enough, and medium is too tall. Really need a medium width and small height.

Years ago I bought a simple zippered flat leather case from Levenger, which they don't seem to offer anymore. It hold the checkbook, pen, ID wallet, emergency nail clipper, and small paper cutter. The closest TB offering is the Kit. The Kit feels good to handle, which is one of my criteria for small goods.
    Last edited by gmanedit; 12-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.

I was wondering if something like Used Rubber USA's Checkbook Wallet would fit in any of the Brain Bag's outer pockets. Just a thought. Do any of the Brain Bag's outer pockets have o-rings?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    I was wondering if something like Used Rubber USA's Checkbook Wallet would fit in any of the Brain Bag's outer pockets. Just a thought. Do any of the Brain Bag's outer pockets have o-rings?
    I think the fit of the large snap wallet may be tight in the outer top pocket, but would fit in the two outer side pockets. The others should fit with no problems. The top outer pocket is the only outer pocket with an o ring.

Thanks for the great pictures and comments. This really helped me decide to go with the Brain Bag over the Synapse. While the Brain Bag is bigger than I would need most of the time, being able to cinch down the sides is a big plus. I was worried that the Synapse would just be a little small and I liked the 2 compartment setup on the Brain Bag. I just got my shipment last night and I can't wait to take it on my next road trip!
    Bags: Crimson/Black Checkpoint Flyer, Indigo Brain Bag, Indigo Synapse, Punch/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag and Plum Side Effect- along with various organizer pouches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0