Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I know!!! I have some square paper clips and I love them. The heart shaped ones are calling me though.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I have been using binder clips very regularly for about a year or two now. But I have seen some of the new designs in paperclips and they look great. I too suffer from O.S.A. (Office Supply Addiction) and even before reading the updates in this thead I had planned today to go browse at Staples as well as Barnes & Noble (they have Moleskines.)
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    I have been using binder clips very regularly for about a year or two now. But I have seen some of the new designs in paperclips and they look great. I too suffer from O.S.A. (Office Supply Addiction) and even before reading the updates in this thead I had planned today to go browse at Staples as well as Barnes & Noble (they have Moleskines.)
    So nice to chat with kindred spirits! Which Moleskine format do you use?
    Olive/Wasabi SCB, Steel/Olive MCB, Blk/Blk/Wasabi Imago w/ Absolute Strap, Blk/Steel/Wasabi ID, Small Padded Pouch, Wallet in Olive, Mini Cork Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag Lady View Post
    So nice to chat with kindred spirits! Which Moleskine format do you use?
    Not ex machina answering here, but I frequently use the Moleskine Volant Pocket Ruled Notebook. The smaller sized Volant X-Small Ruled (and Plain) Notebooks fit nicely into the Clear Organizer Wallet, as shown in maverick's picture (appended below) taken from his post about the Tom Bihn wallet.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Not ex machina answering here, but I frequently use the Moleskine Volant Pocket Ruled Notebook. The smaller sized Volant X-Small Ruled (and Plain) Notebooks fit nicely into the Clear Organizer Wallet, as shown in maverick's picture (appended below) taken from his post about the Tom Bihn wallet.

moriond
    Hey this is nice to know! Thanks, moriond! I've been using my personal Filofax since the '80's and although I love its versatility, lately I've been feeling weighed down by its bulk, esp. since I mostly only use the monthly calendar tabs and the notes tabs. But the feel of its calfskin leather is still rockin'! And it's old enough that it was made in England; I think Filofax is now a Made in China product.

I've been eyeing the Moleskine line of calendar products and notebooks and wondering if I should make the switch in 2010 to a slimmer calendar and a separate notebook, which together would still be less bulky/heavy than my Filofax. Since I will soon have the TB Wallet in my hands, I will be thinking about this more intensely...
    Olive/Wasabi SCB, Steel/Olive MCB, Blk/Blk/Wasabi Imago w/ Absolute Strap, Blk/Steel/Wasabi ID, Small Padded Pouch, Wallet in Olive, Mini Cork Organizer Pouch

Hi Bag Lady, I use a Large Ruled Molskine, predominantly as an aid to mental health. I find the expulsion of frustrations and disappointments from my mind to its pages rather cathartic. I also picked up tonight the Moleskine 3 x 5, Cahier Pocket Squared Journal (set of 3), in Navy Blue. I have already labeled them 'Observations' with my Brother P-Touch label maker. I have one in my shirt pocket, and two on standby in a drawer. I intend to use them for recording observations, thus freeing my Levenger Pocket Briefcase from that duty. I will still carry my Pocket Briefcase as well, which I would like to be more for list management than as a catch-all (which it was) for my on-the-go writing needs.

Hi moriond, I will have to look for the Volant next time I am by a Molskine display. I had seen that thread before but it slipped my mind. It would be nice to have a back-up pad for the wallet.

A quick aside, I received an update in email about your post Bag Lady, appreciating my pictures of the Lord & Taylor window display. When I tried to reply it seemed that the thread is GONE. I don't know if that was a glitch or if it was removed by an Admin. But I am glad you liked it and I will be adding more Christmas pics (on Flickr for sure) as I traipse NYC this season.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by Bag Lady View Post
    Hey this is nice to know! Thanks, moriond! I've been using my personal Filofax since the '80's and although I love its versatility, lately I've been feeling weighed down by its bulk, esp. since I mostly only use the monthly calendar tabs and the notes tabs. But the feel of its calfskin leather is still rockin'! And it's old enough that it was made in England; I think Filofax is now a Made in China product.

I've been eyeing the Moleskine line of calendar products and notebooks and wondering if I should make the switch in 2010 to a slimmer calendar and a separate notebook, which together would still be less bulky/heavy than my Filofax. Since I will soon have the TB Wallet in my hands, I will be thinking about this more intensely...
    I made the switch to Levenger Circa recently, and I am still vetting it out. I think it will serve me well. So far, so good.

Question

Hi Bag Lady A quick aside, I received an update in email about your post Bag Lady, appreciating my pictures of the Lord & Taylor window display. When I tried to reply it seemed that the thread is GONE. I don't know if that was a glitch or if it was removed by an Admin. But I am glad you liked it and I will be adding more Christmas pics (on Flickr for sure) as I traipse NYC this season.
    yes, ex machina, I was surprised, too, that my reply disappeared! I had written something like "Beautiful pics, capitalism at its best. Thanks for the pics of NYC for those of us who live over the river and through the woods."

Volunteer Moderator
    A quick aside, I received an update in email about your post Bag Lady, appreciating my pictures of the Lord & Taylor window display. When I tried to reply it seemed that the thread is GONE. I don't know if that was a glitch or if it was removed by an Admin.
    Ah, no... It was just moved to the "Not About Bags" board, since it was... well, not about bags...

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Ah, no... It was just moved to the "Not About Bags" board, since it was... well, not about bags...
    Aha! I see it now. Took a spell to show up for me. I wasn't sure on the placement, but as it was pictures, I put it in the picture thread. I'll post the new ones along these lines to the new location.

Still lovin' my Imago :-)

Hello,
    Just wanted to reiterate how much I am enjoying my Imago. After several weeks of hard use, my Imago still looks great and wonder of wonders, I am still in love with how it functions, i.e., it handles my needs perfectly!

Usually, I get all excited by a new bag and how I perceive it will fit my daily activites, and I have to say that the Imago matched my expectations. I finally found a file-folder device that fit into it perfectly, so I am a very happy camper indeed!

The size is perfect for me, not too big, but big enough for all of my items, and I have forgotten my aversion to carrying black bags, the pretty Wasabi interior more than makes up for it, and I have to admit that the black is very versatile. I might even tie a colorful ribbon on the handle or pin a seasonal brooch on the Absolute Strap if the whim strikes me for a splash of personality. Very, very happy with my Imago; it truly is my Amigo!!!

Hey Bag Lady: what is the file folder you found for the Imago that works for you? I have been using a standard size plastic folder that can carry some papers, but would like something a bit better. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Hey Bag Lady: what is the file folder you found for the Imago that works for you? I have been using a standard size plastic folder that can carry some papers, but would like something a bit better. thanks.
    My file folder is a standard size plastic accordian too with 7 tabs that helps me keep all the office papers organized. It's not anything fancy, but it works, plus I found a print with the colors that I like, so it pleases me. I cut off the fold-over top and the elastic bands that come with it. Since it never comes out of my Imago, I don't have to worry about it looking a certain way (i.e. professional grade.)

I enjoy hacking off-the-shelf to suit my needs!
    Last edited by Bag Lady; 12-13-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: additional comment

Bag Lady

You said you had a Timbuk2. How does your new bag compare to the Timbuk2 bag?
    Last edited by Pord; 02-16-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: yo to you back to bag

Hello Pord,
    Sorry about the long delay in answering your question.

All I can say is that I have three Timbuk2s: 1-XS Messenger, and 2-Metros (now discontinued). Since buying my first Tom Bihn over a year ago, all three have been sitting on my closet shelf. But because I love the color combinations I can't bear to get rid of them.

My chief complaint against Timbuk2s is that their straps are unbearably stiff and very uncomfortable after wearing them for more than an hour. Also, neither bag design had a grab handle to quickly pick it up when I got out of the car. Another downside is the hard plastic-like lining in some of their bags which make them waterproof, but over time they tend to crease and look awful. Also, the stitching is sometimes suspect with loose thread.

I adore Tom Bihn bags because the straps are very comfortable, esp. the Absolute, are beautifully crafted (no loose threads), and for a bagophile like me, they have multiple accessories that can hook onto the O-rings, giving you endless options! I also love how light the actual bag is. Overall, each bag is intelligently designed for real-time use. They don't just look good, they perform great!

I now have several TB bags and have even turned my husband into a TB convert. He also used a Timbuk2 Messenger before turning to the Empire Builder and the Medium Cafe Bag.

Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0