Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: you know you're a loyal tom bihn customer when...

Volunteer Moderator

you know you're a loyal tom bihn customer when...

i was reading backpack's post about "Vertical Brain Cell for Netbooks" where backpack mentions having the tom bihn products that are ancestors to current tom bihn products, and i thought to myself -

you know you're a loyal tom bihn customer when...

1. you can say you have (had) a tom bihn product that is an ancestor to a current tom bihn product!

2. the tom bihn bag that you've had forever looks and works great and isn't in any way worn, but you still want to get the new bag that tom has just designed because it is just so cool and you know that it is as well made and functions as well as the one you already have!

3. you buy your best friends tom bihn bags for their birthday / christmas / just for the fun of it!

4. when you eat sushi, you see the wasabi and immediately think of your tom bihn bag that has wasabi 500d cordura!

5. you think about what color your tom bihn bags are when you shop for an item of clothing!

i was hoping you guys can help me to keep growing this list...
    Last edited by maverick; 09-13-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    6. When a new bag is announced, but not all the color combinations have pictures, it's okay because you can already picture what it'll look like in your head based on the other TB products you own!

Fantastic Idea Maverick!

I was glad to see that you have or had a Monolith and a Freudian Slip as well.

You know that your are a loyal Tom Bihn customer when

Every time I see TB bags pictures posted by other customers/fans, I check which ones we have or don't have in common.

I also check the list of goodies owned by other forum members, many list them as their post "tag".

I can't help signing the praises of Tom Bihn bags anywhere I can find willing ears or eyes.

In addition to coordinate clothing with my Tom Bihn bags, I also coordinate the colors of my yarns with my Swifts.

Tom Bihn aquisitions are always planned into the budget and I will curtail hobbies' expenses to fit Tom Bihn purchases.

Planning an order or multiple orders is always a precise operation that starts with the Wish List, gathering of relevant info and filling of the Basket.

There is one browser page opened with all kind of Tom Bihn pages.
    Forum for "the lastest on x TB product"
    Blog for the most recent pictures of new goodies
    Twitter for a possible scoop
    Facebook just because I might have missed something.

You ask the significant other to "pass me my Tom Bihn" and he replies "which one?"

One of the order consisted of the very same bag you already own but in a different color and and assortment of matching pouches were added for good measure.

One of your dream trip is Seattle on Tom Bihn open house day.

And you don't know if you can resist buying the whole store or close to it. And rant, once more, about luggage restrictions.

You don't need colour swatches - you already own a bag in every colour!

Audrey

keb
    You start to plan your trips based on which TB bags you can use....
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

You fall asleep (almost) every night thinking about how you're going to pack that TB bag you already have or the one you're going to get next. Truly sick.
    Owner of Founders Briefcase (navy/steel), Aeronaut (crimson/steel), Absolute Strap, Co-Pilot (steel/solar), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/sapphire), Imago (navy/cork/wasabi),Horizontal Freudian Slip, Snake Charmer (steel), Wallet (olive), Side Effect (olive), asst pouches and cubes.

Volunteer Moderator
    you watch the ups tracking of your package from tom bihn, anxiously awaiting its arrival. and when the ups man shows up early, you don't want to wait until after work and instead run home at lunch time to open the package!

or you decide to work from home that day because you know the package is coming...
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I was glad to see that you have or had a Monolith and a Freudian Slip as well.
    we still have the monolith in the family! my cousin uses the size 1 monolith for his 17" macbook pro.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    when you travel, specially to interesting destinations, you make sure you get a few pictures of your tom bihn bags to share on the forum.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    your web browser's home page is set to all tom bihn products.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    You don't need colour swatches - you already own a bag in every colour!

Audrey
    …or, even worse, you know how the color die lots have changed over the years.

You buy your new laptop bag up to a year before you buy your new laptop because they might run out of the color combinations you want or be out of stock when you place your bag order.

You remember the various pictures and movies that have been posted throughout the Forum, Blog, and on review sites, and link to them in your discussion posts about products. (At the other extreme: when you're personally responsible for a large number of the pictures and movies that other people are linking to and talking about on the forum, but I'm not going to fill in reasons for other forum members -- you know who you are!.)

P.S. Some day I'm going to run into Just -- and I'll probably know who she is because I'll recognize the bags that she owns (provided they haven't been lent out to relatives and friends; some of my bags have been "adopted".)
    Last edited by moriond; 09-14-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added more reasons and a Post Script.

. . . you don't get your hair cut for a month or more so you can save up to buy a new Tom Bihn bag!

...when you have pre-ordered the next new product, unknowing what it might be. (or have already saved for it)

You know you are a Tom Bihn customer when everyone in the household has learned the Sacred Ritual of the New Tom Bihn Bag:

1. Notify us when the box arrives, but do not touch the box.
    2. Prepare the camera for our arrival.
    3. Document the opening of the box, and the first display of the bag/accessory.
    4. Document the modeling of the bag/accessory.
    5. Document the first stuffing of said bag/accessory.
    6. Take comparison/replacement pictures with old bag, if not a Tom Bihn product.
    7. Take the "family picture" with other Tom Bihn products.
    8. Post "initial impression" review on the forums with pictures (see steps 2-7).

I think I caught all the steps, right? ;-)

----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    P.S. Some day I'm going to run into Just -- and I'll probably know who she is because I'll recognize the bags that she owns (provided they haven't been lent out to relatives and friends; some of my bags have been "adopted".)
    Some day. I figure if I see a TB bag in Plum around town, I'll just walk up and say, "Moriond, I presume?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0