Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: you know you're a loyal tom bihn customer when...

dzd
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    think about it - plum shorts, wasabi t-shirt, with a plum/wasabi ristretto!
    That might make my eyes pop out!

amw
    When on a trip and you realize you need more space to pack for the return, you place a rush order with tombihn.com and have it delivered to the hotel.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    When on a trip and you realize you need more space to pack for the return, you place a rush order with tombihn.com and have it delivered to the hotel.
    a useful piece of information to keep in mind if you get into this situation is that airlines have what is known as counter to counter service. the sender can take a package to the airline counter at the airport near them and the airline will put it on the appropriate airplane and get it to where you need it to go. then the recipient can go to the airline counter at the airport where the package has arrived and claim it.

back in the day of paper tickets, my brother needed to get a ticket to his wife who was to travel from india back to the u.s. so we went to the airline cargo office (i think it was pan am) and dropped off the ticket.

so darcy, will you be adding a counter to counter shipping option to the order page?

You you're watching the Apple "Back to Mac" event announcing the new MacBook Airs and your first thought is which new Tom Bihn bag should I get to carry it. And then you go to the Tom Bihn blog and discover a new black (!) cache just sized for it!
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Does it count as loyalty if your boss tells you he's in the market for a new briefcase and you send him to tombihn.com?

Happy travels,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

... you are sad to have to buy a 110 liters bag.
    TB don't provide it and other brand will never be at TB's quality level.

When people point out your bag organization, you point back to the Tom Bihn logo and say "Tom Bihn made in Seattle, they are the best."

I should remember not to do that in clothes and shoe stores while at the register

Speaking of which, I would love to see outerwear and shoes designed by Tom from the great fabrics our bags are made of to protect us from cold and wet weather.

I understand it is a tall order, but finding the same stylish, animal friendly, quality and strong U.S made outerwear protection is really important to me.
    I don't like buying anything disposable.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-26-2010 at 12:24 PM.

amw
    You place your order, only to realize once it arrives:
    1) You've got more rings so now you need more keystraps that you didn't order.
    2) You forgot to order that wallet that you were looking at.
    3) You wish you'd ordered more packing cubes than you did.
    4) You look around your car and wish it had O-rings to hook pouches on.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    4) You look around your car and wish it had O-rings to hook pouches on.
    call me crazy, but i think you just hit upon a billion dollar idea!

another place for o-rings is in the front pocket and cargo pockets of pants.

call me crazy, but i think you just hit upon a billion dollar idea!

another place for o-rings is in the front pocket and cargo pockets of pants.
    I found a solution for the lack of O rings in clothes and other areas of life.

C-clips are used with clothes and S hooks in storage.

Tom Bihn Key Straps are the best invention ever!

I suspect that this is no longer available, post 911.

amw
    Hi, my name's Andy and I may be a bihn-a-holic.

Went ahead and placed the order for all the things I forgot last time. I need a better wish list.

You know you're loyal when.... everything goes wrong with your order, and you're still thinking of ordering more stuff! It's real easy to be happy when everything goes smoothly, but this last order of mine was quite an adventure in itself. It started with an order for a Co-pilot for Christmas, using a gift certificate that never came, and ended up as a 11" MBA Ristretto that I received today. All's well that ends well though, I wanted this bag to begin with, they just didn't have it at the time, so its all good! Still thinking of getting the Co-pilot.

Only sad thing is not a FOT yet.

Volunteer Moderator
    ...this is your license plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    moriond likes this.
    -m

...this is your license plate.
    Okay, I've been spending too much time on Facebook - I was looking for the "Like" button. Good one, maverick!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0