Volunteer Moderator

large cafe bag perfect for carrying books and toys for a 3 year old!

hi folks,

my wife and son went off to toronto, canada early this morning. my wife's mom is having some health complications, and this trip got planned last night.

while the circumstances aren't the greatest, i wanted to mention how the large cafe bag came in very handy as their carryon.

if you've ever traveled with a 3 year old boy, you know that it can be challenging to keep them entertained.

my wife asked my son to pack what toys and books he wanted to take, and he gathered all of his thomas & friends trains (thomas, james, gordon, henry, percy, molly, spencer, along with their tenders, and various box cars), his dinosaurs (each one is small enough to hold in your hand), a variety of books and a memory game.

all of this went very nicely into a large cafe bag, along with a change of clothes for him. they were taking a 6am flight, which means we left the house at 4:30am, so i scooped him out of bed in his pajamas. it's only a one hour flight, but we packed a change of clothes in case he preferred to not be in his pajamas. i think my wife also put a couple of sandwiches and bars in there.

i wish i had a picture to share, but it was a bit of a hectic morning with packing late last night and heading to the airport early this morning.

it is also challenging to manage your stuff and your child. the large cafe bag worked out really well for her because she could carry it and have her hands free. she could also put it under the maclaren umbrella stroller she was pushing - i know she prefers to do that rather than to carry it. and it fits very nicely under the seat of the stroller.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    maverick,

Sending our best wishes thoughts to you and your family right now.... I'm glad your son was able to fit many of his toys in the Cafe bag! Hopefully that helped make the flight more fun for him - and for your wife.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    maverick,

Sending our best wishes thoughts to you and your family right now.... I'm glad your son was able to fit many of his toys in the Cafe bag! Hopefully that helped make the flight more fun for him - and for your wife.
    thanks darcy!

it was difficult for mona (my wife) to not be there while her mom is going through this. they had a great flight, and jaiden (my son) was chatting it up with mona's mom, and that really cheered her up!

it's really something to see how he becomes very concerned when someone isn't well, and it will stay on his mind and he will ask again and again about how they are doing - when someone in his class is out sick, if a baby is crying.

mona's mom was diagnosed with polymayalsia reumatica, and there were some side effects to the medication she is taking to treat that. so she's in the hospital. she's stable - her blood pressure and blood glucose level were high, and there was a question about whether her kidneys were functioning properly. she is undergoing some tests now so that they can get a better idea of what is going on.

if only our bodies were built like tom bihn bags...

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    thanks darcy!

it was difficult for mona (my wife) to not be there while her mom is going through this. they had a great flight, and jaiden (my son) was chatting it up with mona's mom, and that really cheered her up!

it's really something to see how he becomes very concerned when someone isn't well, and it will stay on his mind and he will ask again and again about how they are doing - when someone in his class is out sick, if a baby is crying.

mona's mom was diagnosed with polymayalsia reumatica, and there were some side effects to the medication she is taking to treat that. so she's in the hospital. she's stable - her blood pressure and blood glucose level were high, and there was a question about whether her kidneys were functioning properly. she is undergoing some tests now so that they can get a better idea of what is going on.

if only our bodies were built like tom bihn bags...
    Maverick, my grandpa has PMR (Polymyalgia rheumatica) and does great. Hopefully this is just a little blip that happens sometimes when starting a new treatment and will even out with a little time. This should just become a minor annoyance in the long run. Hope she gets well soon!

A big hug to Mona, Jaiden, his grandmother and yourself.

Best wishes for the whole family, get well soon for Mona's Mom.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Maverick, my grandpa has PMR (Polymyalgia rheumatica) and does great. Hopefully this is just a little blip that happens sometimes when starting a new treatment and will even out with a little time. This should just become a minor annoyance in the long run. Hope she gets well soon!
    thanks msmoon! yes, i think this is a small bump along the way. a medication solves one problem but presents side effects. then other medications are given to manage the side effects, and those medications also have side effects. it is like a big balancing act, it seems.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    A big hug to Mona, Jaiden, his grandmother and yourself.

Best wishes for the whole family, get well soon for Mona's Mom.
    thanks backpack! we appreciate your caring thoughts!

sending good thoughts and healing wishes to your mother-in-law and your wife and son.
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

M-
    I am way too many days late in sending well wishes and prayers to you and your family! Hope all is working out for the best. Thoughts and prayers for all of you!
    Nana8
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0