Slashdotted! (Checkpoint Flyer review)

Site's down thanks to the traffic crush from Slashdot, I guess.

http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.p...50226&from=rss

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're working on getting the site back up. Hopefully it will be soon!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The site is back up and working.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I have never actually viewed a site...

before it got slashdotted. I know you guys were not happy, but it gave me a giggle.

I have been on the 'Net since the days of gopher and lynx, and never heard of Slashdot. Always something more to learn, I guess. The Web is real big!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scotlib View Post
    I have been on the 'Net since the days of gopher and lynx, and never heard of Slashdot. Always something more to learn, I guess. The Web is real big!
    Here's the Wikipedia entry describing the Slashdot effect. A reference link to this also appears in yesterday's blog.
    Last edited by moriond; 03-14-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Added reference to earlier blog link to the wikipedia definition