Thumbs up Continuing Adventures with the Checkpoint Flyer

I kept waiting for drama to happen on my trip. I figured that somewhere along my many stops that I'd run into a TSA employee that would give me a hassle about putting the bag through or something.

So far, it has been a total non-event. It simply sailed through the x-ray machine every time. The biggest drama came when I initially left Muskegon. The screener held up the bag and said "Where did you get this? I have to have one!"

The process is extremely quick & easy. The bag sails through with no hassles. It holds pretty much everything I want to carry with me. The positives are many, the closest thing to a negative I can find is that if you are going to carry as much stuff as I do you want to be sure to use an Absolute Strap.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
    Jim Hall
    Check out the dogs in need at http://www.saveoursetters.org
    Check out my blog at http://jehingr.wordpress.com/
    Check out our videos at www.marqueewrestling.com
    My TB bags: 2 - Empire Builder 1 - Checkpoint Flyer

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That's great to hear. So far, we've heard nothing from positives from customers who have used the Soft Cell and Archetype as "checkpoint friendly" bags. It sounds like, so far, at least as far as our customers are concerned, the "checkpoint friendly" program is working.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Checkpoint Friendly Program

So far, I have had only one incident (last weekend) when a screener from Las Vegas' McCarran was unaware of the program. As I pulled my Soft Cell encased MBP 17 out of the Super Ego (I use the Soft Cell as opposed to the Brain Cell when flying these days) and placed it on the tray, the screener told me to take the laptop completely out of the Soft Cell sleeve and put it on the plastic bin by itself. At this point I asked if he was aware of the "check point friendly" program and he flatly said "no", to which I then pointed to the poster on the adjacent wall advertising the aforementioned program. I think the guy got embarrassed or irritated that he had me sent for additional screening. Thanks TSA, I almost missed our flight to Philly. The flight back screens from New York was hassle-free.

Last edited by lpotr4; 09-18-2008 at 03:22 PM.
    Luis P.
    If it doesn't fit in your Tom Bihn bag, leave it behind

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0