The Zephyr is the greatest...

I purchased a Zephyr about a month ago and I love it. It has traveled cross country with me a couple of times now and it is clearly the best laptop bag/briefcase I have ever used. I'm a bagaholic much to my wife's dismay and have purchased more bags than I can remember over the past several year. I've used bags from Timbuk2, Waterfield Design, Trager, Spire, etc. While they have all had their good points, none has been able to do all I have asked of a bag until I tried the Zephyr. It is constructed amazingly well, marvelously designed, and has great carrying capacity (at least for my needs - laptop, iphone, chargers, cables, earphones, books, files, pens, snacks and so on. The bag stands on its own (I hate bags that flop over) and is well balanced for carrying with the handles or the strap (both on the shoulder and bandolier style). It fits under airline seats perfectly, is a good foot rest, and organized such that I can easily find what I need without endless searching.

This bag is my first purchase from Tom Bihn - there will be more -- as soon as I can convince my wife of how much I need them all....

TMG
    I am glad to read something about the Zepher. I can't decide between the Zepher and the Empire Builder. Do you find that you have enough room in the Zepher or maybe want more as in the Empire Builder? Thanks

For my needs, the Zephyr is perfect. As a daily use bag, I typically have been carrying a laptop in a brain cell, 4-5 patient files (about 1 in thick each), printer cable, phone, a variety of pens, and a bunch of other small items. For travel I have been carrying the laptop and brain cell, a gear pouch (Waterfield - nothing against TB I just already had the pouch) for chargers, cables, etc) a couple of paperbacks and magazines, snack bars, files (not as thick as patient files) and a blow up travel pillow as well as other assorted little things.

If you think you'll need more, then the Empire Builder may be a better choice. Somewhere in the forums, there is a 2 part post directly comparing the Zephyr and Empire Builder - can't put my hands on it right now but will try to dig it up later.

I agree enthusiastically! I've only my Zephyr a few weeks and am loving it. Next is to get rid of my roll-aboard. I think I see an Aeronaut purchase in my immediate future.

Another thumbs-up for the Zephyr. Best laptop bag/briefcase I've ever used. With a Brain Cell clipped inside for my Macbook, the Zephyr is nearly ideal. If I could cure its tendency to tip over forwards when set on the ground, I'd give it a 100. But even with the tipping over, I love this bag.
    Last edited by jonjake; 03-02-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0