Thumbs up Imago Bag >> New Everyday Carry

I added a new pocket radio to my Imago bag as an everyday carry (EDC),
    click http://www.sangean.com/downloads/flyers/DT-200VX.pdf to view.

The Sangean DT-200VX is the best of the breed in pocket radios available today.
    Slim design, excellent speaker sound, decent battery life, and rugged. I use this
    radio at work, Starbucks, Borders, the mall, whenever.

BTW, this pocket radio fits very nicely in my small TB pouch.
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 11-07-2007 at 02:48 PM.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Who sells these things? I was looking for something like that for trying to dial in radio at work. I wanted something with a digital readout so I could be sure I was tuning the right station.

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    Who sells these things?
    Google is your friend.

I purchased my Sangean pocket radio from CCrane.Com, click http://www.ccrane.com/radios/pocket-...ket-radio.aspx
    to view.

CCrane has been around for many years. I didn't trust the vendor selling this radio on Amazon.Com or even Universal Radio.
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 11-07-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Travel Lite & Smart

When it rains it pours. I was in Radioshack the other day looking for some misc connector and I found a similar product by someone else. The basic design was the same though. Seems like when I last searched for such an item there were none to be found. Shrug.

8 yeas ago, Radio Shack sold the Sangean DT 200V (original version) pocket
    radio under its own label. Another pocket radio to consider is the Sangean
    DT 210, click http://www.sangean.com/product.php?m...10V&prod_id=14 to view.

BTW, Radio Shack is basically a marketing company, they make none of
    the products they sell.

You can buy the Sangean DT 200 or 210 at Fry's Electronics.
    Travel Lite & Smart

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PM4HIRE View Post
    I purchased my Sangean pocket radio from CCrane.Com, click http://www.ccrane.com/radios/pocket-...ket-radio.aspx
    to view.

CCrane has been around for many years. I didn't trust the vendor selling this radio on Amazon.Com or even Universal Radio.
    I have had good experiences with both CCrane and Universal Radio. Not sure why you don't trust universal. Also, even though I've never had a bad experience with Amazon (or the vendors selling there) I concur that getting a radio from a firm that specializes in radios makes complete sense.

Back when I had a dog I used to take long walks listening with my Sangean. I really miss listening to that radio and those long walks. Reading this post caused me to make a resolution to do more walking in 2008 and to dust off my Sangean and start carrying it in my Imago too! Thanks for sharing.

With the exception of Grove Enterprises (http://www.grove-ent.com/), most
    vendors recycle returned radios into their new inventory. And with respect
    to Universal radio, I purchased a new radio from them in 2003 and clearly got
    a used radio, to their credit, they eventually made it good.

I carry my Sangean radio in my Imago bag every day.

BTW, cafe bags make really nice gifts. I have gifted 4 bags as presents this
    year (graduations, birthdays, and christmas). For some reason, women seem
    to really like the large cafe bags, I would have thought small or medium cafe
    bags would be a woman's preference.
    Travel Lite & Smart

Volunteer Moderator
    BTW, cafe bags make really nice gifts. I have gifted 4 bags as presents this year (graduations, birthdays, and christmas). For some reason, women seem to really like the large cafe bags, I would have thought small or medium cafe bags would be a woman's preference.
    I don't own any Cafe Bags (I prefer the Imago), but if I got one, it would be the medium size.
    Last edited by moriond; 12-22-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added comment on the Imago

I'm a guy, and I got the small cafe bag.

Since my intent was to unload all the stuff I normally carry in my pockets, I decided that getting a small one would prevent me from "just in case" bloat... carrying a bunch of "just in case" stuff that I'd never use or didn't need. (Much like how people who put stuff into storage units manage to refill their homes with junk)

With the exception of Grove Enterprises (http://www.grove-ent.com/), most
    vendors recycle returned radios into their new inventory. And with respect
    to Universal radio, I purchased a new radio from them in 2003 and clearly got
    a used radio, to their credit, they eventually made it good.
    Wow....I didn't realize that. Thanks Tony!

Seems like returned items should be sold as open box or returned goods...as I recall many of these places charge restocking fees and I assumed that was the reason.

All the best, Alan

The Sangean DT-200VX is the best of the breed in pocket radios available today.
    Santa left me one of these under the tree this year and I have to say you are right in that it's a great little device. It feels rugged, has some nifty feature I never thought I'd want, seems to get really good battery life, and does better on reception on any radio or mp3 player with a radio that I've owned so far. Only quibble I have is that the base is rounded so you can't stand it up on it's own.

There is only a few local stations I listen to but this device is a joy to use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0