Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imago as a diaper bag ?!!

Imago as a diaper bag - you betcha!

I'm not using my Imago for under the seat airline travel or birding or carrying books from the library everyday - sometimes I'm on call as Nana. And that means being prepared with a diaper bag. My Imago comes to the rescue!

First of all the Imago looks great - not like a diaper bag at all. I like that! And it is so well made!

It holds all the quick change apparatus necessary for diaper age kids with plenty of room for that extra set of clothes too. Still lots of room for the other day trip necessities like the bottle/sippy cup, snacks and a book(s) & toy(s).

The Imago conforms naturally to my side with the waist strap so if chasing the mobile 2 yr old around the playground or pumpkin patch the bag stays closely at my side.

This bag would be a great gift for baby shower, soon to be grandparents or as a group gift from the office to a new Dad or Mom. And just like our kids, this bag will grow to take on new adventures when a diaper bag is no longer the bottom line for time with a little one.

Volunteer Moderator
    My wife would probably shoot me if I bought another bag to use as a diaper bag, but thanks for this tip.

I've used the Smart Alec as a diaper bag to hold a changing pad, diapers, wipes, bottles, snacks, lunch, and a variety of other stuff when we travel on the plane.

I've used a black ballistic nylon sling diaper bag that works out pretty well. It's a little smaller than the Smart Alec, and has compartments for a variety of his needs.

My wife uses an ugle faux suede diaper bag that has LOVE written on it with crystals, and HOT MAMA written inside of the bag. I refuse to carry it.

Right now, I'm using the Rucks Sac as a diaper bag and daycare bag. Going to daycare, we just carry his food for the day. In the summer, it would also hold his swimming trunks and towel on the days that they played in the water. When we're out in the evenings, I'll carry the diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. in the Rucks Sac. When he's older, I'd like the Rucks Sac to be his first back pack.

I would still like to see the parental unit for the Lux. Perhaps that will be the ultimate baby needs bag. :-)

maverick

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    My wife uses an ugle faux suede diaper bag that has LOVE written on it with crystals, and HOT MAMA written inside of the bag. I refuse to carry it.
    Don't worry! The new TOM BIHN diaper bag will be made of a special custom printed ballistic nylon featuring teddy bears wearing headbands in hot air balloons. Just what dads (and moms) have always wanted to carry!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Don't worry! The new TOM BIHN diaper bag will be made of a special custom printed ballistic nylon featuring teddy bears wearing headbands in hot air balloons. Just what dads (and moms) have always wanted to carry!
    Hi Darcy,

I think I am honestly at a complete loss for words. :-)

maverick

I think I am honestly at a complete loss for words. :-)
    hehe! Just kidding, of course...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

hehe! Just kidding, of course...
    When I saw your answer my jaw dropped wide open, and I screamed to my wife, "Honey, Tom's making a diaper bag!"

psych I guess .
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    When I saw your answer my jaw dropped wide open, and I screamed to my wife, "Honey, Tom's making a diaper bag!"
    That part is true: Tom is designing a diaper bag. But it won't be available in prints.

Volunteer Moderator
    That part is true: Tom is designing a diaper bag. But it won't be available in prints.
    Hi Darcy,

Do we have an estimate of when this will be available?

Thanks,
    maverick

My jaw dropped open again! . I can't wait for it to arrive. My wife wants one so much she even had me PM you about it last month! We ordered an Eddie Bauer bag for $50 online. We took it back to our local store for a refund the very next day! It was that bad.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Do we have an estimate of when this will be
    Not yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do!

Ken
    This is too funny. For years, there was folklore about photographers who carried their gear in diaper bags so it would not look like photo equipment, hoping to avoid being a target for theft. Now, we may possibly have diaper bags that will look like nice travel bags!

I can see the headlines now, "Thief sues Tom Bihn for false advertising: Future designs by Bihn to include teddy bears and hot air balloons as part of settlement."

Many women and men over 50 suffer from incontinence, the Imago messager bag makes an excellent diaper bag for these folks.

There, I found a new market niche for TB bags.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I can see the headlines now, "Thief sues Tom Bihn for false advertising: Future designs by Bihn to include teddy bears and hot air balloons as part of settlement."
    Don't forget the headbands! The headbands are very important!

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Don't forget the headbands! The headbands are very important!
    Totally. I'm picturing headbands with little poofballs or daisies on the top.

amw

my 2 cents

Being the parent of a small tasmanian devil, I thought I'd toss in my own 2 cents if Tom's really going to do a diaper bag.
    1) Tough outside -- our bag is usually the least of our concerns, so it's been dropped, kicked, thrown, stepped on, jumped on, rained on, spit-up on, etc...
    2) Compartments that are easy to access - you've usually got 3 classes of stuff in there - things to put inside the kid (snacks/food), things to put outside the kid (diapers and clothes) and things to keep the kid quiet (toys). It'd be really handy to be able to get to the class of thing you need without digging through the 2 classes that you don't. And maybe even packing cube compatable (mesh/clear) for storing an outfit change as a unit.
    3) any chance of some oversize strapeez to use as restraints?

PS. Thanks for the help with my account Darcy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0