Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    2) Compartments that are easy to access - you've usually got 3 classes of stuff in there
    The compartment idea was also brought up in another thread. Seems like a bag that had three large but easily accessible compartments might have many uses. Maybe a typical sling or messenger bag that instead of having one large gaping hole is divided into three sections. Or some variation of that.

amw
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    The compartment idea was also brought up in another thread. Seems like a bag that had three large but easily accessible compartments might have many uses. Maybe a typical sling or messenger bag that instead of having one large gaping hole is divided into three sections. Or some variation of that.

That's not bad. In my mind I see a messenger style bag with three flaps that all attach with the velcro-like stuff, all about a third of the bag, so that you can lift one without opening the others. Maybe even a flap that had zippers so you could divide it in three or have just one big flap. I suspect most other types of bag, you'd want zippers or latches to close it up.

Anyway, that's just one dad's 2cents...

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by amw View Post
    2) Compartments that are easy to access - you've usually got 3 classes of stuff in there - things to put inside the kid (snacks/food), things to put outside the kid (diapers and clothes) and things to keep the kid quiet (toys). It'd be really handy to be able to get to the class of thing you need without digging through the 2 classes that you don't. And maybe even packing cube compatable (mesh/clear) for storing an outfit change as a unit.
    I'd add a 4th class of stuff: parents' stuff. We've been looking for a (backpack) diaper bag that has a nice separation so that Mom's stuff can be separate from Baby's stuff, and we haven't been able to find the perfect bag yet.

I'm very impressed with anybody who manages to use the Imago as a diaper bag -- there's no way all of my niece's diaper stuff could fit in a bag the size of the Imago!

Also, having done a fair amount of searching for a good diaper bag lately, it seems that there's almost nothing out there designed for people who use cloth as opposed to disposable diapers. The ideal bag would have a separate, waterproof, smell-proof, zippered compartment accessed from the outside for the dirty diapers. For example, this lululemon gym bag (http://www.lululemon.com/products/ac...otcamp_gym_bag) has become a popular choice for cloth-diapering moms because the "wet" pocket can be used for the dirty diapers.
    Last edited by Joy; 10-28-2007 at 09:09 PM.

amw
    Oh yeah, I forgot I get to have stuff!

How about customizing a Utility Bag, LUX, or Swift by adding 1 or more of the following choices:
    Snake Charmer
    Convertible Packing Cube
    Clear Quarter Packing Cube
    Yarn Stuff Sack.
    Just a thought. . .
    Last edited by Skylark; 10-29-2007 at 07:20 PM.
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. Ultrasuede® pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0