Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thumbs up Medium Cafe Bag, Ruc's Sack

First time contributor - woo hoo! I just received my order from Tom Bihn, and I gotta tell ya...these bags rock. I have used many different brands of bags, but the true test of what is made the best is the one you come back to. Tom Bihn is that bag. I am the proud owner of a large cafe bag in kelly green (lots of compliments on the color), and just ordered (and received the very next day) the medium cafe bag and Ruc's sack.

About the medium bag - I plan to use this one on the weekends. It's smaller than my large cafe bag, but will still hold a few magazines, wallet, checkbook, loose papers, bills, keys and small stuff. The small stuff (bandaids, rolaids, portable tooth brush) I keep in my medium Tom Bihn organizer pouch. These things are almost as indestructible as the bags. Totally cool.

About the Ruc's sack - this is a small backpack, and I plan to use it when I need to take my camera with me on the weekends in the place of my medium cafe bag. I can put all of the stuff from my medium cafe bag, as well as my Sony digital camera (it's kind of bulky). Fits in the backpack just fine.

I use the large cafe bag for everyday use to and from work (downtown Seattle). I recently moved from Texas to Seattle, and this bag has been everywhere. From the annual tulip festival in northern Washington state to the beaches, over the mountains, you name it. This bag is so well made that it shows absolutely no signs of wear. And I am not one of these people who doesn't use the bag. I'm in and out of this thing all of the time. And it is perfect. I get so many compliments on the style of the bag. I really have to hand it to Tom Bihn and Company - I am a customer for life. Thanks for a great product.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for your review, bobster!! I've posted it to our blog today.

Have you had a chance to visit our Seattle store yet? Come by and you'll get to take a peak at the factory where your bags were made.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by bobster View Post
    I recently moved from Texas to Seattle,
    Off topic ...

Arrgghhh. How'd you pull that move off? After working in the Seattle area for the first part of the year I'd like to do the same! I'm so jealous!

Apparently the Bihn canvas is treated with some sort of anti-aging compound, because they refuse to show any wear! My cafe bag looks new, even after almost two years of heavy use.

does anyone have a picture of theirs?
    Live Life to the Fullest tateossian accessories

o nevermind. i just saw the picture thread
    Live Life to the Fullest tateossian accessories

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyR View Post
    Apparently the Bihn canvas is treated with some sort of anti-aging compound, because they refuse to show any wear! My cafe bag looks new, even after almost two years of heavy use.
    I'm with you on the mystery anti-aging compound! I've used my Brain Bag nearly every day since I bought it in the summer of 2003. I often use it to carry pretty heavy loads, and often in bad weather. Before I got my Aeronaut, I used it as my main travelling bag for short trips, and checked it at the airport a few times. It looks perfect. There is one spot on the mesh water bottle pocket that is slightly frayed, and this is the only clue that I didn't buy it yesterday.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0